Here is a very informative video featuring the wonderful Isabel Simon, a well-known health and wellness consultant. In this video she will demonstrate one popular way to prepare a weight loss drink from apple cider vinegar.
Some people like to drink a glass like the one prepared in the video before each meal, while others (like Isabel) prefer to sip on it throughout the day. It is best to just test and see how your own body responds to the apple cider vinegar, we are all different and respond differently to everything. One thing that you should be made aware of is that there are some potential risks when using apple cider vinegar for weight loss. Here they are:
- Very Acidic. It can damage tooth enamel so make sure that you dilute it in water or juice, and make sure to rinse your mouth out after! Using a straw is another good technique to limit contact with your teeth.
- Long term use may cause lower bone density.
- Long term use may cause low potassium levels.
- May interfere with laxatives and diuretics.
- May interfere with hear disease and diabetes medicines.
Always consult with your doctor before attempting any diet or supplement systems.
Apple cider vinegar is also available in a pill form, but a 2005 study that tested 8 different brands found many inconsistencies with the ingredients in the pills. Since supplements are not regulated by the FDA, they are not subject to strict quality control like regular medicine. It is believed that using natural apple cider vinegar is more beneficial to health than the supplements